At Stretton Shires School we aim to develop children and young people’s understanding, awareness and skills linked to careers, employability, and economic understanding. Our aim is for all pupils to have meaningful experiences linked to their aspirations, interests, and developmental stage. We aim for pupils to have careers and employability learning opportunities and experiences as part of their core topics or as part of whole school collapse curriculum days, off-site educational visits, and work experience.
We provide pupils with the knowledge, information, and skills to make informed choices about suitable “next steps” such as key life skills linked to employment, work experience, routes to voluntary or paid employment, qualifications, and accreditation to support further study. Stretton Shires School enables pupils to receive accurate information, advice and guidance about all options and opportunities open to them and the progression routes to which those options lead.
We aim to ensure the following are explored appropriately in line with each pupils’ developmental stage, aspirations, and interests:
At Stretton Shires School we ensure the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks are at the forefront of our Careers and Employability offer;
- We have a stable careers programme
- We ensure we learn from career and labour market information
- We are committed to addressing the needs of each pupil
- We ensure there is a clear linking of curriculum learning to careers
- We provide high quality encounters with employers and employees
- We provide high quality experience of workplaces
- We have links to ensure encounters with further and higher education
- We provide in-school & independent personal guidance
For more information, please see our Careers & Employability Skills Policy on the policies section of the website.